Chennai Customs invites applications for recruitment of 07 Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) Posts. The applicants are requested to Download Application Form through Official Website @ https://chennaicustoms.gov.in/. The last date for the receipt of application along with enclosures is 30.06.2023.
Chennai Customs Invites Applications for the Following Posts
|SI No||Name of Posts||No. of Posts|
|1.||Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade)||07|
|1. Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) –Essential Qualification:(i) Possession of a valid Driving License for Motor Cars;(ii) Knowledge of Motor Mechanism (the candidate should be able to remove minor-defects in vehicle) ;(iii) Experience of driving a Motor Car for at least three years; and(iv) 10th class pass from a recognized Board or equivalent.Desirable Qualification: Three years service as Home Guard/ Civil Volunteers.Note: The qualification regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the Competent Authority in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes, if at any stage of selection, the Competent Authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates belonging to these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.|
Age Limit: (As on 30.06.2023)
|1. Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) – Between 18-27 years|
The Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST; 3 years for OBC and for Ex-S as per Govt. of India rules. Candidates Relaxation in Upper Age limit will be provided as per Govt. Rules. Go through Chennai Customs official Notification 2023 for more reference
|1. Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) – Pay Level 2 in Pay Matrix (Rs.19900 – 63200) of 7th CPC|
Chennai Customs Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) Selection Process 2023:
|– The Selection Committee shall scrutinize the applications received and the shortlisted candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria stipulated above as on the closing date of receipt of application will be called for certain Tests in knowledge of motor mechanism, as applicable. The said Test will be held only in Chennai. The short-listed candidates further to passing the said Test will be called for Documents Verifications.- The Hall Tickets for above test will be sent by Speed Post.- The results of the Practical (Trade) Test will be displayed in the Notice Board of Customs, O/o the Principal Commissioner of Customs, Custom House, Chennai and also in the Departmental Website i.e., https://chennaicustoms.gov.in and will not be published in the Newspapers.|
Application Fee/Exam Fee for Chennai Customs Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade):
|There is no Application Fee.|
How to apply for Chennai Customs Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) Post:
Application in the prescribed format given below duly typed or neatly hand written in A4 size paper duly signed along with Left Hand Thumb Impression and along with relevant attested Photo Copies of Educational Qualifications, Mark Sheets, Proof of Age, Category Certificate, Essential & Desirable Qualification Certificates, etc., wherever necessary and four unsigned passport size photographs and two selfaddressed unstamped envelopes of 25 cms. X 12 cms. are to be sent by ORDINARY POST OR SPEED POST Addressed to
The Additional Commissioner of Customs (Establishment),
Office of the Principal Commissioner of Customs,
Custom House, No. 60, Rajaji Salai,
Chennai – 600 001
– Photographs pasted on the application will be duly self attested (self signature shall run through the Photo of the applicant and the Application Form without defacing the face).
– Incomplete or unsigned application and applications received without photographs or proper enclosures or received after due date will summarily be rejected.
– Mere submission of application will not confer any right on the applicant to be called for any type of test.
– Separate application form should be submitted for each post in separate envelopes. The envelope (28 cms. X 13 cms.) containing the application must be super-scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR STAFF CAR DRIVER (ORDINARY GRADE) – CUSTOMS COMMISSIONERATE, CHENNAI” and also indicating the NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR and CATEGORY at the left side top corner of the envelope.
– The Experience Certificate must contain period with dates, Name of Organization, Name of the post held, Salary drawn and Nature of work done, Signature of Signatory / Owner with name and seal, etc.
Important Dates for Chennai Customs Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) Post:
|Starting Date for Submission of Application||10.06.2023|
|Last date for Submission of Application||30.06.2023|
Chennai Customs Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) Official Notification & Application Link:
|Chennai Customs Official Website Career Page||Click Here|
|Chennai Customs Official Notification PDF||Click Here|
|Chennai Customs Application Form PDF||Click Here|